Monday 22 May 2017

Long Weekend Treats: Tea Review - Tetley Ayurvedic Balance and a Movie.

This is NOT a paid review.

It is the May long weekend here in my part of the world but the weather leaves a lot to be desired! It is wet, windy and NOT warm. All this makes me want to just keep sipping hot teas and coffees all day. So as much as I would like to drink coffee all day, I opted for a nice cup of herbal tea - an Ayurvedic one too nonetheless!

I has this sitting in my collection for quite some time now and am really glad I bought it! It is reminiscent of the Ayurvedic teas that I usually concoct on my own in the Winter season. This was pleasantly tasty along with the warming ginger and tulsi. I had this tea on its own without any addition of milk or sugar.

If you are into Ayurveda, I recommend you give this a go accroding to your Doshas. Tetley teas are available in the following flavors:
Tetley Vigour-Kapha - Ginger, Spearmint and Tulsi
Tetley  Poise-Vata - Cinnamon, Chamomile and Cardamom - NEXT to try!
Tetley Cool-Pitta -Lavender, Peppermint and Hibiscus

More Info on Tetley Ayurveda Teas Here

What am I talking about? Here, follow this link to Monica B's wonderful site about Ayurveda and you will see what I mean!

So of course, I paired this with a nice movie :) I finally had some time to myself without any work or social obligations so I decided to forego a night of paperwork to catch up on some Indian Netflix. I came across this gem - Incomplete - Asampta on Netflix Canada. Use English subtitles as I did because I cannot understand Bengali.

Okay, so as slow as this movie was and that too in Bengali- (a language that is definitely sweet on the ears)- I quite enjoyed the whole thing.
I really only got into the movie about 20 minutes in. As soon as the character of Tuki was introduced, I was hooked. Her presence on the screen is lovely! Look at the photos here and you will see what I mean. Its not hard to empathize with this character and her crass but still an endearing husband of hers. The main Character Indra is a bit annoying, only because he doesn't seem like he does anything important except look depressed throughout the entire movie. He is supposed to be in search of his childhood memories but NO such thing is mentioned except once. How disappointing!
The movie starts off with Indra's character coming to his friend Malay's home in the gorgeous Himalayan Foothills. Malay is a University Professor who has completely cocooned himself with his books, his blanket and whiskey in his humble home. We later find out that he is married to Tuki, who he has frequent troubles with. There is no mention of her name until twenty minutes into the movie. The constant bickering between Malay and Tuki are quite something, and a bit disturbing especially if you can relate to such things.
As Indra meets Tuki,his ex girlfriend, and the ex girlfriend's sister in law by sheer fluke, he begins to wonder about his own personal life and his decision to remain unattached. What happens after that? Well.....go watch the movie! If not for anything, watch the movie for the beautiful Himalayan Foothills, the misty cottage and most of all Tuki and her beautiful presence. I have to admit, I will probably watch this again!

Have a lovely day, I will update again this week.
Comments are OFF and Unpublished.
-T




No comments:

Search this Blog: